15 Great Gift Ideas For Guitarists
Here are some great gift ideas so guitarists and bass guitarists can treat themselves OR drop hints to people who want to treat them for any occasion!
If you need any advice please do ask us- give us a ring or an email!
- 1. Tickets tickets tickets to gigs, musicals and music festivals..
- 2. Merchandise from favourite musicians, so ones great taste in music becomes a public statement.
- 3. Bandcamp giftcard. ‘But I stream my music’ …. well if there are musicians and bands especially smaller profile ones you’d LOVE to give extra direct support to, Bandcamp is great for this. Artists keep over 80% of sales + paid quickly. Nuff said 😊
- 4. A new guitar (or voucher for this. We strongly recommend buying from a local music shop. Yes different guitars are ‘needed’ to match those different genres and moods.
- 5. A FULL guitar set up. This guitar servicing can really help your guitar sound so much better and easier to play.
- 6. A new guitar Strap – whether leather or fabric there are many amazing looking ones out there including custom and personalised straps!
- 7. A limited special edition Celtic 18kt Gold Plated Capo from www.g7th.com why not?
- 8. New strings (€ 20+). So, your strings have been on your guitar how many years? New strings make a HUGE improvement to the sound of your playing. Some stores will advise and do the string set change for a fee. Easy!
- 9. For electric guitarists, effects pedals are ALWAYS a big want! There are many different kinds from delays to distortion, from wah-wahs to loop pedals. Prices vary from € 60 upwards.
- 10. A quality lead. Good leads really reduce annoying unwanted noises. Continuing with the gold theme, yes you can get gold-plated cable plugs!
- 11. All things vinyl! Record players, record vouchers, records, record player stands, record storage units!
- 12. New home or car speakers or headphones to really appreciate ALL the frequencies when listening to music.
- 13. A new gig bag (a padded soft guitar case)- get rid of that weary looking thing with dodgy zips and busted straps!
- 14. A footstool (€7-30). This can help your guitar sit in a better position so you will have better posture, less muscle tension and better technique.
- 15. A guitar stand (€20+) so your instrument live outside of its case – this makes it easier to pick up and play! If you are short on floor space, you could get a wall mounted instrument holder – which will keep things tidy!